Children are made very welcome at Mark Tangri Dental. There is no minimum age and we are happy to see even the youngest patients. We provide a friendly, relaxing environment and out of school hours appointments from 3.30pm Monday – Friday and Saturday 9am – 3pm. What’s more we also offer Children’s Denplan (payment plan) from just £7.50 per month.
Getting children into good dental habits at an early age should ensure that they keep their own teeth for life. Diet, oral hygiene and visits to the dentist are all important in helping to care for a child’s teeth.
Here are some useful tips for helping your children reduce the risk of tooth decay and dental erosion:
- You should start cleaning your child’s teeth as soon as they come through the gums. There are special toothbrushes and toothpastes for babies.
- If your child is less than three years old, only use a smear of toothpaste. After that, use an amount about the size of a small pea.
- Teach your children to brush at least twice a day (morning and night) with fluoride toothpaste and to floss regularly
- Take your child to the dentist regularly
- Limit or avoid certain sugary foods and drinks
- Supervise your child when they are brushing their teeth until they are at least 7yrs old.
- Encourage your child to spit out toothpaste and not rinse with water, as this reduces the effect of the fluoride